Working Equitation is a three or four phase competition and is one of the fastest growing horse sports in Australia.
Samford Equestrian Group is the second official club in Queensland under the Australian body recognised by World Association for Working Equitation.
- Obstacle Practice days are held once a month
- WE dressage test opportunity once a month at members dressage days.
- Three phase competition in October.
The Four Phases
+ Ease of Handling
The Ease of Handling and Speed phases are done with set obstacles. The cattle phase is optional and if it is run the scores count towards a team placings only, not for individual placings.
To attend practice days you must be a SEG member.
Whether you ride in an English saddle, a stock saddle, a traditional bridle, split reins or a bit-less bridle… you are welcome.
As long as you have an approved helmet and your bit is in accordance with the ANWEL rule book we would love for you to join us.
Click Below to Download the Official Rule Book
- 4 Mar - Obstacle Practice Day
- 8 Apr - Obstacle Practice Day
- 5/6 May - Gale Bransford & Beth Reynolds Clinic
- 7th May - WE Training Day
- 12/13 May – National WE Competition in Tamworth
- 3 Jun - Obstacle Practice Day
- 8 Jul (TBC) - Obstacle Practice Day
- 5 Aug - Obstacle Practice Day
- 2 Sep - Obstacle Practice Day
- 7 Oct - Obstacle Practice Day
- 14 Oct - SEG 3 Phase Competition
- 4 Nov - Obstacle Practice Day
Text Selina - 0414 225 265 or Email - firstname.lastname@example.org